Grace Hopper Celebration Scholarship
Great news: Arabwic and Anita Borg are very grateful to QCRI for funding six scholarships for Arab Women in Computing to attend the GHC women in Computing conference in the US.
We are delighted to announce the recipients of the QCRI ArabWIC GHC 2015 Scholarship! We have received close to 100 excellent applications that were all worthy of receiving the scholarship. The selection process was very tough, but we would like to assure everyone that your application was solid but, unfortunately, we have limited resources. There will be definitely other chances and different opportunities for everyone to pursue in the near future. We are only beginning. Good luck to everyone and I hope that we all join our effort together through arabwic to provide more resources and opportunities for all of the amazing women from the Arab World to help them achieve their goals. Thanks everyone for applying and we truly value your achievements and work a great deal. Everyone’s a winner and we are all very proud of all of you!
Finally, we are delighted to announce the list of women who were selected to receive the QCRI Scholarship for Arab Women in Computing to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference(GHC’15), October 4-16, 2015, in Houston, Texas, USA.
1) Houda Chakiri, Morocco, Software Engineer/Entrepreneur/CEO/PhD Student, ENHANCED TECHNOLOGIES
2) Alaa Shaheen, Palestine (Tech Woman 2015), software engineer, Entrepreneur, Pioneer Tech, and ArabWiC ambassador Palestine
3) Houda Bouamor , Tunisia, Special Faculty-Senior Researcher, Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar, and ArabWiC ambassador Qatar and Tunisia
4) Soumia Djoudjou (Fatma Zohra DjouDjou), Algeria, software engineer, Ericsson, and ArabWiC ambassador Algeria
5) Manar (Manar Abu Taleb), UAE, Associate Professor, University of Sharjah, and ArabWiC ambassador UAE
6) Farah Shammout, Jordan, Undergraduate software engineering Student
at NYUAD, and ArabWiC UAE
We wish you all the greatest success with this endeavor, and look forward to seeing you at the GHC 2015 in Houston!
Please help congratulate these scholarship recipients.
Sana’ Odeh, ArabWiC Chairs, Clinical Professor of Computer Science, New York University, New York
Kaoutar El Maghraoui, ArabWiC Co-Chair, Research Scientist, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center