ArabWIC’s mission is to support, inspire, retain, encourage collaboration, increase visibility and status of women in computing, enabling them to achieve their career aspirations. All are welcome with an interest in the Arab region, including the Middle East and North Africa and beyond.
ArabWIC has conducted an international in-person conference every two years.
In 2021 we will deliver a three-part conference on June 5 (Tech Day), June 12 (Career Day), June 19 (WiDS Paris @ Women Power IT), June 26 (WiDS Istanbul @ ÜsküdarUniversity) and August 25 (Research Day) with the following goals:
- Energize the community – both as individuals and as chapters
- Provide a focus and goal for the members to aim for, and to foster a collaborative spirit
- Build connections across the members and externally outside the community
- Engage the members with the international research, academic, industry, and entrepreneur, communities world-wide
- Deliver a body of digital materials for ArabWIC in 2021 in the form of recordings, papers, summaries, and blogs, to attract new members, and to build reputation and eminence